Virgin Coconut oil: Your beauty buddy.
With its many benefits, virgin coconut oil is the natural, multitasking and effective beauty secret that everyone should have in their bathroom.
Native to Southeast Asia, virgin coconut oil has long been used as a beauty product for its nourishing, soothing and regenerating benefits for skin and hair, and is also known to have antiseptic properties.
Suitable for all skin types, virgin coconut oil is a natural and healthy product for you, your newborn baby and can even be used during your pregnancy, for a multitude of beauty rituals:
- Hydrating Body Treatment: Perfect as a substitute for a moisturizer, coconut oil is an ultra-nourishing remedy for the body. When you get out of the shower, apply the virgin coconut oil to still damp skin. Massage the coconut oil until it completely penetrates your skin.
- Mask and Nourishing Hair Treatment: Used before shampooing or as a leave-in treatment, coconut oil is rich in lauric acid and helps restore suppleness and shine to your hair. Apply a few drops to your dry or damp ends. If your hair is very damaged, opt for a coconut oil mask, let it sit for at least 30 minutes or as an overnight treatment, then wash with your regular shampoo and rinse with cold water.
- Natural face make-up remover: Virgin Coconut oil is a natural alternative for getting rid of all you makeup while gently removing makeup. With clean hands, take a knob of coconut oil, melt it between your fingers and massage the oil directly onto your makeup face. Start by massaging the forehead, then the eyes and eyelashes gently. Continue on the mouth and the rest of the face. Once the entire face is cleansed, wipe off excess makeup and oil using a washable wipe dampened with lukewarm water and wrung out.
- Lip care: Below 20 degrees, coconut oil becomes a perfect balm to apply on chapped lips. Apply a generous layer to your lips before bed, for nourished and soft lips when you wake up.
- Anti-stretch mark treatment: Thanks to its healing and nourishing properties, virgin coconut oil applied daily after shower helps prevent or reduce stretch marks. Gently massage the areas to be treated after showering on wet skin, combined with dry brushing before showering for even more surprising results. For pregnant women, massage a knob of coconut oil on your belly two to three times a day to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy.
- Nourishing treatment for nails and cuticles: Stimulate the growth of your nails and enhance them naturally by massaging them daily with virgin coconut oil. For an extra dose of hydration, opt for a lukewarm coconut oil bath, in which you can let your nails soak for a few minutes.
- Natural Deodorant: With its antibacterial and antiseptic benefits, coconut oil prevents the growth of bacteria and helps fight odors. Apply a knob of coconut oil under each armpit.
- Anti-frizz treatment: Easily get rid of frizz with a little coconut oil. Take a small knob of coconut oil in the palm of your hand, rub and run the oil over your unruly hair to get rid of frizz. Be careful not to apply to the roots or to apply too much.
- Whitening Teeth Care: With its whitening and antibacterial properties, coconut oil as a daily mouthwash can help you achieve whiter teeth, reduce plaque and strengthen enamel.
- And you, how do you use virgin coconut oil in your beauty routine? Share your tips in the comments!